MANCHE MARÉE was founded in 1978 by Jean-Claude Gouix, was transformed into a SARL (a limited company) 28 December 1984 and was taken over by Franck Gouix in 2004.
Its activity is the wholesale and distribution of fish, crustaceans and shellfish. The success of the company is the result of many years of experience, strong partnerships and the willingness of its management to ensure the highest quality products.
MANCHE MARÉE is constantly evolving and is committed to upholding the quality and traceability of their products and cutting techniques.
- 1994 MANCHE MARÉE modernised its processing premises at the fish market in Cherbourg (the renovations where carried out under strict European regulations).
- 2001 the 35h week was introduced.
- 2004 commercial partnership with “Saumon de France”, salmon farming in Cherbourg.
- 2004 creation of premises dedicated to the gutting and shipping of salmon from “Saumon de France” (FISH SERVICE).
- 2008 moved to Tourlaville in premises adapted to the Company’s growth.
- 2008 modernisation of processes (filleting chain and ultra modern packaging) and updating of computer software (traceability related to business management).
- 2008 Purchased “Saumon de France”.
- 2011 modernisation of the water tanks allowing the stocking of shell fish and crustaceans.
MANCHE MARÉE combines experience and continual modernisation to ensure we can respond to our customers’ demands. Our enviable reputation in the industry is recognised by all the professionals from fishermen to distributors. MANCHE MARÉE is committed to supplying products of excellent quality with a guarantee of traceability.
Our objective is to promote sea food from France adapted to the needs of the consumers.